No much new music on PlayMPE?

Moderators: muzicmann1, heff, jdenver

allhits

No much new music on PlayMPE?

Post by allhits » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:32 pm

I am surprised to see there are basically no new releases from AllAccess' New Releases on PlayMPE? But there are still nuch of new songs available on Cool New Music section (i.e.: Alicia Keys' new song). Is it because of waiting for someone to approve them to all AllAccess users?

BTW, I found there are not many Hip-hop remixes available, may I advise AllAccess to approve more music for us to selevt? Thanks!

alnarvaez

Re: No much new music on PlayMPE?

Post by alnarvaez » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:25 am

I'm confused. Are you saying that you cannot find titles from "All Access New Releases" on PlayMPE, or that there are MORE new releases on PlayMPE than All Access is publishing?
Anthony Narvaez
Owner/Artist
SureAzure Media

"Who ever said you can't have roots AND wings?"

valiant

Post by valiant » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:42 pm

We are having the same issue...I think it may be because we are running an old version of Play MPE, but haven't had time to check with their tech people yet.

To recap: the problem is that we aren't getting any new releases (or very few) even though there have been new songs posted. For example, if I go to the Play MPE site from my office computer I can see all kinds of new stuff, but when I try to access from our old prod room computer (where the songs are loaded into our system) it shows no new activity. The new version crashes our computer so we haven't used it, up to now there hasn't been a problem..

Beth Valiant
Music Dir i-91fm

alnarvaez

Post by alnarvaez » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Does PlayMPE Direct to Web (the online version) crash the computer in your production room? That's something they (Destiny Media) really aught to get fixed.
Anthony Narvaez
Owner/Artist
SureAzure Media

valiant

Post by valiant » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:22 pm

To be fair, it isn't Play MPE's problem that my computer can't handle their program. As I stated, the prod room computer is old and can't run some of the more sophisticated download delivery systems. We can't use DMDS at all - again, not their fault.
Back to the original comment, we need to talk to MPE's tech people, but I suspect the problem is because of our equipment.
Beth V
Music Director/i-91fm

AfternoonAfterburner

Post by AfternoonAfterburner » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:37 pm

allhits wrote:I am surprised to see there are basically no new releases from AllAccess' New Releases on PlayMPE? But there are still nuch of new songs available on Cool New Music section (i.e.: Alicia Keys' new song). Is it because of waiting for someone to approve them to all AllAccess users?
How do I get in on this "AllAccess' New Releases" thing? All I seem to be getting on PlayMPE are a bunch of indie artists. (Not that we haven't had some great success with a couple of those artists, but our listeners want to hear the hot new stuff too...)

alnarvaez

Re: Not much new music on PlayMPE?

Post by alnarvaez » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:42 pm

It's not on PlayMPE. What she was talking about was the listing on this site (allaccess.com). From the top bar click on Music>Cool New Music> and then the format you want to see.
Anthony Narvaez
Owner/Artist
SureAzure Media

AfternoonAfterburner

Re: Not much new music on PlayMPE?

Post by AfternoonAfterburner » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:53 pm

alnarvaez wrote:It's not on PlayMPE. What she was talking about was the listing on this site (allaccess.com). From the top bar click on Music>Cool New Music> and then the format you want to see.
Oh, that.

alnarvaez

Post by alnarvaez » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Ha, ha! Yeah, that.
Anthony Narvaez
Owner/Artist
SureAzure Media

allhits

Post by allhits » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Oh, sorry, what I walked about is that i always use the link generated from Mediabase for PlayMPE to get all AllAccess new releases since we seldom have direct deliver from record lables, so it would be nice to see more music being approved to all Mediabase and AllAccess users. And well...technically it's just that my account does not have a lot of new releases, I know there are tons of new releases on PlayMPE everyday. But now it seems like there are still a lot of hits on Top 40 are yet to be approved to us (AllAccess users...)... :( :(

For example: Alicia Keys' Empire State Of Mind (Part II) Broken Down and Put It In A Love Song (f. Beyonce) are available on AllAccess' Cool New Music section but are no where to be found in PlayMPE. And in meantime, the major remixes are usually hard to find in PlayMPE too (i.e.: Mariah Carey's Bye Bye remix etc.) So what I really wanna say is please do approve more music for AllAccess users and Mediabase subscribers... :)

As we only have access to PlayMPE, I do wish AllAccess would consider to negotiate with major lables to approve more music for us. I know there are different users in PlayMPE but since now it's getting more and more important and AllAccess is playing major roles in our music guidance, would really appreciate if someone from AllAccess to take this into serious consideration. Thanks a lot!