Clear Channel/Carrie

Moderator: jimmya

jimmya

Clear Channel/Carrie

Post by jimmya » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:20 am

Interesting partnership just announced

Clear Channel To Partner With Sony Nashville For Carrie Album Launch

Carrie Album Due May 1st
CLEAR CHANNEL MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT has announced a partnership with SONY MUSIC NASHVILLE, to launch the ARISTA album “Blown Away,” from CARRIE UNDERWOOD, set for MAY 1st release.

Starting today (4/24), CLEAR CHANNEL will launch a two-week-long on-air and online Artist Integration Program designed to promote UNDERWOOD’s album, including a special performance by the artist for iHEARTRADIO LIVE, from NEW YORK CITY. On APRIL 30th UNDERWOOD will appear on the ELVIS DURAN SHOW on CC Top 40 WHTZ (Z-100)/NEW YORK.

“CARRIE UNDERWOOD is an established music icon. We're thrilled to partner with SONY NASHVILLE on her album release, utilizing our multi-platform capabilities to create an event around the release and bring our audiences that much closer to her music,” said President of CLEAR CHANNEL National Programming Platforms, TOM POLEMAN. “The ARTIST INTEGRATION PROGRAM and iHEARTRADIO performance are a perfect complement to one another, combining the power of our audience reach across our radio network and digital platforms.”

To kick off the new album’s release on MAY 1st, UNDERWOOD will perform to a group of CLEAR CHANNEL listeners at a private show at the iHEARTRADIO THEATER in NEW YORK. The show will also stream live for fans at iHeartRadio.com.

“CLEAR CHANNEL is such a great supporter of superstar CARRIE UNDERWOOD," said Chairman & CEO, SONY NASHVILLE, GARY OVERTON. “She is excited about sharing the music from her new album, with her fans from NEW YORK

karengoodner

Re: Clear Channel/Carrie

Post by karengoodner » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:49 am

I listened to the album online through iTunes yesterday and it was so good! It's actually an album you can listen to all the way through!

karengoodner

Post by karengoodner » Tue May 01, 2012 11:24 am

She also announced her new tour today! Sounds like it is going to be a great one and I think Hunter Hayes is a good match for the tour!

Should be lots of new outfits to see too :) Carrie always looks great

dustinhensley

Post by dustinhensley » Fri May 04, 2012 6:29 am

I finally got a chance to listen to the whole thing. It's really good! Alot different than what I expected, but that's not a bad thing at all. Wine after Whiskey is probably one of the best songs I've heard in a long time.

restlessandwild

Post by restlessandwild » Sat May 05, 2012 10:46 am

I thought Carrie was ALL Country, looks like she's tryin to be a Taylor wannabe crossing over. It won't happen, she might get some Hot AC love, but I doubt very much Top 40 will entertain her much. She sounded like crap on AI the other night singing Blown away, she screamed any time she tried to be emotive, and you could barely hear her on the soft spots because she has such a weak lower register. That performance definitely didn't entice me to even want to buy her album.

Blocklo

Post by Blocklo » Tue May 08, 2012 7:42 am

Aw come on! Carrie IS Country! I agree that it wasn't her best performance but maybe there was something going on with the sound or she couldn't hear herself well. She usually sounds amazing and the album is really good.

dustinhensley

Post by dustinhensley » Wed May 09, 2012 8:48 am

I agree. Everyone has their "off days." And there could have been a number of things going on that us viewers will never know about.

Drakea83

Post by Drakea83 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:23 pm

Carrie is on the very thin line of pop and country. She's marketable in country because she is an Okie, very pretty, and has a very down home feel about her. I also feel the same about Rascal Flatts. They're "country" but not really country to me. Miranda Lambert, Chris Young, Josh Turner and a few others are real good country. I just like a little bit of the southern twang sound though I guess.

Spanky74

Post by Spanky74 » Wed May 09, 2012 5:03 pm

I am so sick of the manufactured pop drivel crammed down our throats by the conglomerate monopoly Clear Channel Radio/American Idol machine I can't even listen to the radio anymore. The reason no-one buys records anymore is because the public is force-fed a steady diet of soulless, 1-dimensional, 1-named celebrity entertainers who sort of sing. Carrie Underwood is the epitomy of this trend but at least she has 2 names I guess.

drunkymunky

Post by drunkymunky » Thu May 10, 2012 7:42 am

I LOVE CARRIE!!!!

She's so beautiful and down to earth. She's gonna be the next REBA!
-TaMmY