Great comment from Larry Wilson

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
pbergin

Great comment from Larry Wilson

Post by pbergin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:46 am

The interview with him is a must read. I was especially impressed with this:

"Yet if I had my druthers, in a heartbeat, I'd say let's go on without [ratings] and just go mano a mano on who can give the best results for our clients. Over a period of time, the best will survive."

Now THAT'S a player!!!

mrrnb

Re: Great comment from Larry Wilson

Post by mrrnb » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:01 am

"When we sold out and Farid Suleman came in ... and I heard this from several different people ... he ordered all the mission statements that we put up in our offices taken down. He doesn't get it and he never will. The quality of our people will drive our business."

Wow. Tell it like it is! The industry MIGHT have a chance if more Larry Wilsons come back into the picture. I'd work for that guy.

adam_bomb

Post by adam_bomb » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:05 pm

Larry Wilson is everything that radio should become again. Hope all of the other group heads took a moment to get a good look at his comments.

If Alpha can rock, maybe this will be a new blueprint for success and not just more of the same old same old.

ibizamitch

Post by ibizamitch » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:34 pm

I'm going to agree with this as well. I think the best always manage to survive! Its about your audience
and being able to grow with them as well as making it grow. No matter what market or format you're in there is always a way to do this and we must be able to do this.