Radio Resume Website Critique

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
spokesgoddess

Radio Resume Website Critique

Post by spokesgoddess » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:42 am

I haven't seen too many sites just for jocks unless it's through the station. I just put one together and hope that I can get some feedback: good, bad, indifferent...it's all welcome. Will it help land me a gig? Is it a waste of time? As a busy PD, would you rather have everything in one place or do you like having the aircheck and resume in your "inbox"?

Thanks for giving it look at http://www.courtneyyoung.com

spokesgoddess

Re: Radio Resume Website Critique

Post by spokesgoddess » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:37 am

Thanks! Appreciate your comments. I just purchased CourtneyOnTheRadio.com Can't believe it was available. And yes, maybe a few less station logos would be better.

CY

pbergin

Post by pbergin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:56 am

I'd leave the logos, it's not about "pretty" it's about street cred.

One thing I noticed, I believe you're using a Wix template for that site. To the best of my knowledge they don't accommodate MP3 downloads.

I use them too for my VO page, and that I-Pod widget is nice, but it's not intuitive. It confuses people. I'd stick with a regular, old fashioned simple widget or link for the demos, and I'd also think about moving the site to a provider that accommodates downloads.

If I were a PD, I'd want to have a copy for future reference.

Basically though, really good stuff. Much better than your average jock built page.

johnp3

Post by johnp3 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 am

Excellent idea. Looks very professional and definitely proves you are capable of a lot more than just on air work. I also like the downloadable .pdf buttons for your resume. I can't imagine why a PD or GM wouldn't be impressed with this.