It's "Taps" for "Timeless Favorites"

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
opsman

It's "Taps" for "Timeless Favorites"

Post by opsman » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:28 am

In the aftermath of all those shining stars just added by Citadel Media with the assistance of McVey, et al, comes word of the demise of the "Timeless Favorites" format. Affiliate stations got word yesterday that they're pulling the plug February 1.

It's been a fairly decent product but like most others, it's been drawn a little too tightly...musically speaking. The P.D. of the format (Lauie Bandemir) liked to say her music was thoroughly researched and category turnover was never more than a couple of days. The problem is the latter isn't true. Makes you wonder about the former.

Frankly, I'm relieved. I'm looking forward to actually programming my station again. What a novel concept.

gatorstunes

Re: It's "Taps" for "Timeless Favorites"

Post by gatorstunes » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:38 am

Sounds to me like Citadel will soon be piping in talent across the country to specific stations.

Clearly Crazy now has rosters of specific employees on different "formats" trying to disguise themselves as local stations, but their "Premium Choice" seems very similar to the recent news from the Citadel camp. Sounds to me if you aren't one of the "lucky golden voiced chosen few" to make one of the format rosters, your chance of actually doing a show in this business could be coming to an end....yeah capitalism and economical decisions.

thelegend

Re: It's "Taps" for "Timeless Favorites"

Post by thelegend » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:54 pm

tested and researched....how often do you hear that BS
opsman wrote:In the aftermath of all those shining stars just added by Citadel Media with the assistance of McVey, et al, comes word of the demise of the "Timeless Favorites" format. Affiliate stations got word yesterday that they're pulling the plug February 1.

It's been a fairly decent product but like most others, it's been drawn a little too tightly...musically speaking. The P.D. of the format (Lauie Bandemir) liked to say her music was thoroughly researched and category turnover was never more than a couple of days. The problem is the latter isn't true. Makes you wonder about the former.

Frankly, I'm relieved. I'm looking forward to actually programming my station again. What a novel concept.