See it coming

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
danmac

See it coming

Post by danmac » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:46 am

I hope that I'm not the only one that could see this coming. As fewer and fewer companies have gained owership of more and more Radio Stations, I felts that the best way to have Continuity throughout a company, the company would have to make all the programming and talent more of the same thoughout the company.

All the AC stations would basicly have the same people on all the shifts though the day. All the other formats would do the same thing. They would be broadcast and programmed from and a central location.

The small town stations have been doing it for years with SMN and then ABC Radio and so on. The small town station could trade 2 minutes an hour with "The Networks" get Top Talent, Top Rated Programming and never have to worry about Talent not showing up for a shift. They just had to make sure the Affidavits were sent in a timely manner.

So the Mid-size cities and Big cities have been hit with the downsize staffs. As long as there are companies trying to save money in a down economy there are going to be downsizing.

I am sorry for all the "Talent" that have lost jobs. Many of those great DJs could use their talents to get others to buy into small or mid-size or larger Radio stations that they could be in control of. They could show the "Big" company people how to do Radio best, "Live and Local"

I'm out of radio and happy. Good Luck to all those who did not deserve to get the pink slip.

Dan.

Jala

Re: See it coming

Post by Jala » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:04 am

Dur...durrrr......dur dur durrrr.........durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr duh duh DUH DUH DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! (the sound of my DUH motor starting up).

WAYYYYYYY to wake up and smell the Folgers there, dan-o-matic. DUH!!

~~jala~~

danmac

Post by danmac » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:34 pm

So Jala, were you a small time talent that got downsized or mid to big city small talent who got hit by the train?

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:27 pm

Jala wrote:Dur...durrrr......dur dur durrrr.........durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr duh duh DUH DUH DUH DUH DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! (the sound of my DUH motor starting up).

WAYYYYYYY to wake up and smell the Folgers there, dan-o-matic. DUH!!

~~jala~~
I don't care who ya are, dat sh!t is funny right there...