Good to see

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
jjenkins

Good to see

Post by jjenkins » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:10 pm

Jut thought I'd check in to see if things had changed and surprisingly they have. It looks like most people on this worthless and pathetic board have realized radio is dead and anyone staying in it is just psychotic and asking for a painful life after 40. My God what would it take for you to learn a new skill, gain some different knowledge and start a new, worthwhile career? If you have a wife and/or kids you are practically negligent in your care of them if you stay.

Congrats people, you are starting to see the light.

CarterManGod

Re: Good to see

Post by CarterManGod » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:18 pm

I don't think I'd go anywhere as near as far as to say someone with a family and working in radio is neglectful. In fact, that just sounds like the sour grapes of someone who still wishes they were in radio.

Part of the ugliness on the Industry is that you're not paid enough to save squat, and the skills are too unique to use anywhere else. In other words, people get trapped on this crappy treadmill. I'm getting out, with a wife and kids and I wouldn't even be able to do it if I didn't have help from generous family members. Unless I wanted to work at McDs.

Yeah, everyone should get out- leave the shows for the suits to perform. Let's see how talented these turds really are. But there's no need to insult people who are virtually trapped.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:48 pm

I like how you say it is just sour grapes to say it may be neglectful to stay in radio if you have a wife and/or kids to care for and then you go on to say you have a wife and kids and didn't make enough in radio to save anything and needed handouts from others just to move in another direction. In my opinion, if you aren't saving money with a wife/kids then you are not a good provider and are acting negligently in your care of your family.

Sour grapes? I've been in small-medium-major markets as an on-air jock - something you NEVER have done. I bet you think major market means top 10 right? LOL Too bad you were only top 150 if you were lucky. Stop being so insecure and projecting your delusions on others while in the same breath admitting what I said was right.

Radio is a joke of a career and if you're still in it full-time w/ no other skills or education then you are in for a world of hurt unless you change NOW. Sorry if the truth hurts, but it's coming from a major talent - ME.

robnokshus

Post by robnokshus » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:08 am

Really, who is more pathetic; someone still making a go of it in radio, or some guy trolling a radio message board on Christmas night?

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:57 am

You're talking to me, right? 'Cause you don't seem to know anything about me. I hosted Mornings, and ONLY mornings, in mostly medium markets for the past 6 years. Admittedly, #67 is as high as I got, but who even gives a crap, or even brought up stupid numbers. I was trying to defend other people who might read your poisoness garbage. People who aren't lucky enough to have a loving support system of family. I took nothing personal from your jealous ramblings.

And, yeah, trolling all access on Christmas.. I'd say it's pretty clear where you hopelessly wish you still were. And as far as my 'being a good provider,' screw you loser. You know nothing of me, or any of the others, and you speak in black & white like an ignorant kid. You're more of a bitter, sad little boy than I originally thought. Barely worth a retort, in fact. We can all smell your envy from a mile away. The Radio Industry hurt you bad, but your child-like, pathetic attitude had everything to do with it, I'm sure. You're not wanted here anymore than they wanted you on-air. Are you wanted anywhere? If so, go there.

But you seem to have all the answers turd brain. Most people who've moved on wouldn't need to come back and insult others in the same boat as them to build themselves up. But go ahead and be a negative drain on the world- I'm sure it's all you're good at.
Last edited by CarterManGod on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:12 pm

...oh, and 'a major talent- you,' okay. Only jealous douche bags say tired crap like that- and children. You think you're the first? You think your attitude is unique? There's a million of you... unfortunately.

I can rest easy, as far as "being in a world of hurt." I'm finishing up my 3rd college degree and will never need to worry. I spoke generally of 'not being able to stay in radio,' it was not an autobiographical statement idiot. And, yes, I did (do) agree with your statements about folks staying in radio. What I disagree with is your contempt for those struggling in life. You can't attack who you're really angry at, or even slightly effect them, so you insult your own kind. In the hopes of what? - that through reverse psychology you'll inspire everyone to quit radio? So that those in power will, finally, be hurt by something you caused? Please. How simple you are. How sad.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:41 pm

I see- I sarcastically wrote something about having to work at McDs in my original post. I can see where you thought it was all about me. That was just me using myself as the subject to describe the avg Joe's plight under common circumstances in the biz. Whatever-

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:37 pm

LOL wow, what was that about 5-6 different posts from Carter-Negligent-Handout? I love it when I strike a nerve. So easy . . . :lol:

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Typical. Like I said, there's a million of you...

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:16 pm

I knew that your ego would force you to post again. Just like your ego made you put your family on hold while you ridiculously chased some stupid radio dream all the while knowing that it was a waste of time. Be thankful that people were there to bail your sorry ass out of your predicament while you got back on your feet.

Now that you are out of radio you do others a disservice by defending the radio industry's obvious downsides. People that stay in WILL be scrambling to survive and gain news skills when they are laid off and the market is that much worse - it gets worse everyday. Say what you want about me - I know how successful I was (very). It's not my fault that your ego can't take that and foces you to act out over the course of 5-6 posts. Get that ego in check, it has caused you enough pain for one lifetime already.