I've Got a Pink Spot on My Shoe

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
partyshark
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:44 am

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by partyshark » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:22 am

CarterManGod wrote: I wrote to the new CHR (WIOG) morning man tellining him how much he needed help.
Oh man...I missed this nugget....you wrote HIM telling HIM he needed help? I guess I'll have to verify that with the man himself...

CarterManGod
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by CarterManGod » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:04 am

If my position in GR was filled the next day, it was by someone already on the payroll from a, recently, blown up station in the building. And IF they 'sat in' on the show, in my place, then it's because they knew they couldn't get along without me, or at least, 'someone' to make the remaining show bearable. Regardless, of who you think you know, or what you think you've learned about me- it is still quite lacking in poinient facts to show any real closeness to my life. It's an A for effort, and an A for scary, but many points lost for accuracy.
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

partyshark
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:44 am

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by partyshark » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:45 pm

CarterManGod wrote:If my position in GR was filled the next day, it was by someone already on the payroll from a, recently, blown up station in the building. And IF they 'sat in' on the show, in my place, then it's because they knew they couldn't get along without me,
Yeah, right...whatever you need to believe to help you sleep at night...


CarterManGod wrote: You see, it's always you who becomes entranced with ANYTHING I write.
Nope, just calling bullshit where bullshit needs to be called. You've proven yourself to the radio decision makers, and they shitcanned your ass because you were failing miserably. Facts sure suck when they don't support your side of the story. Spin it how ever you want cartermandink, it doesn't fit with the facts.
CarterManGod wrote:although you should be of interest to 'someone' with all these crazed posts
Ummm, whatever.
CarterManGod wrote:But, if I didn't speak, what on Earth would you do with your life.
Jump for joy and throw a party for all who have been subjected to your insanity. The collective intelligence of those who have read your blathering has dropped by 5 points, maybe more, just by your sheer stupidity.
CarterManGod wrote:Ok, but from this point on, I'm gonna have to treat you as if you're challenged in some way.
"Challenged" people don't own a 3 station cluster dumb fuck. "Challenged" people are unemployed in radio. Some owners still hire local and still post job openings on All Access to give these guys a chance to get their feet wet. Money isn't available like it used to be, but I am employing people. What are you doing?
You've pissed in the wrong bowl of Cheerios boy. It's good that you are pursuing "other" career avenues because your radio days are over, not that they weren't over 2 years ago when you got canned in Wilmington. You say you made the choice to stay out of radio, I call bullshit! You can't get a gig because your reputation precedes you. You cut your own throat with your snide dis-contempt for those who gave you a shot and those whom you could have learned from. You feel the need to have to defend yourself, (small penis syndrome) and fail to see what an ass you make yourself look like in the process. You have made a name for yourself in the radio world, but not the one you intended to or will admit to. People see you for what you are and they will silently continue to deny you the opportunity to spread your infection on their airwaves. I've had several laughs over the past few days already with many radio buds on your behalf, so thanks cartermandouche!

I'm done toying with you now, I have stations to run. Feel free to post at will- and you will too because you just CAN'T resist cartermanegomaniac.

CarterManGod
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by CarterManGod » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:30 pm

You've pulled together some bits of info about me- is this your objective? Or, are you trying to prove that you know me, personally, or someone that I worked with? Because- as there are those who have, actually, worked with me and would say positive things, there are also those who worked in unrelated aspects who might attempt to soil my reputation. However, you're 'history report' on me is not very accurate. I would say it's a nice TV movie 'based on actual events.'
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

CarterManGod
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by CarterManGod » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:45 pm

And I didn't get fired in Wilmington 2 years ago, Sherlock, it was only half a year ago.
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

meyersmike
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by meyersmike » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Perhaps you were terminated twice in the past two years because you are not really that talented. Anyone with any sort of radio experience (and no, that means more than the measly six years you boast of) would tell you that your airwork is mediocre at best.

Have you ever wondered why so many people dislike you? Here are complete strangers on this board attacking you, and you provoking people. Imagine how the last two employers felt?

Oh that's right. They fired you.

CarterManGod
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by CarterManGod » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:04 pm

My demos show nothing mediocre. And a couple complete strangers attacking me - Yes, that is what's happening. But, it's also what happens on every single Internet comment section, blog, buzzboard, ect, everywhere. So, nothing new is happening here. And, that again, just highlights the lack of originality present at AA. My only mistake was thinking there were actual pros here, instead it's mostly posers.

KaseyKruz
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:31 am

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by KaseyKruz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:22 am

I don't have a dog in this fight, and I'm not taking sides, but Carter, if you have other industry vets on other boards saying basically the same about you and your abilities as what is being said here, what makes you think that it must be the vets who are just attacking you? Remember, these are the people that you are sending your packages to. If several industry people have similar opinions, why are you so quick to dismiss what they have to say? Can all these people be wrong?

I surf many radio boards too and have never been attacked like you have been here. However I don't make inflammatory remarks to incite a word war. I think these guys feel you have no room to be so bold with such little experience in radio. 6 years is really just getting started and you've really had limited success in the industry. If you had say 15 years and have the attitude you have with ratings to back it all up, I think it would be better received. Like I said, I'm not taking sides, but I do think you have a bit of a negative attitude toward some of these people with knowledge of how radio works and the experience to back it up.

I hope you do find another position, but be careful what you say here, it has been known to backfire on people.

p.s.
good to see a post from you halltalk

partyshark
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:44 am

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by partyshark » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:48 am

Funniest shit of the week right here, but it's only Monday hahahahaa :lol:
CarterManStink wrote: If anything, I'm still posting to adequately document your, hopefully, non-violent insanity.
Here's your problem right here
CarterManStink wrote: My only mistake was thinking there were actual pros here, instead it's mostly posers.
You come up in here with attitude expect to get smacked down, punk.
CarterManStink wrote:My demos show nothing mediocre. And a couple complete strangers attacking me
Awww...time to fill out a butt-hurt report for the waaaaambulance driver. And you're right, nothing mediocre with your airchecks - mediocre would be a compliment.
CarterManStink wrote: But I don't want your resume any more than I appreciate you posting parts of mine, thanks, so don't bother.
Better fill out another butt-hurt report then. You put your resume on a public domain so don't get all schoolgirl crybabyish now. By the looks of things, you were just a little whipping boy on Hot FM.

buh-bye

CarterManGod
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:11 am

Let's get a couple of things straight. I'm not talking to industry vets here. No industry vet has this much time, and nothing better to do. Second, I'll be as bold as I want to be, in any career, where ever it may be.
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply