I've Got a Pink Spot on My Shoe

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
CarterManGod
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:19 am

Stiiiiiillll going-
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

CarterManGod
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:41 am

Oh, and one other thing to anyone who might actually be starting out in radio- they keep saying six years isnt enough time, and using words like 'measly' to describe my time. This repeated 'thing' doesn't make it true. I've been ignoring it because I know they're phonies. Here's the real deal- six years is PLENTY of time to figure out plenty about this biz, and a lot of the people in it.
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

KaseyKruz
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:31 am

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by KaseyKruz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:54 am

I'm trying to be on your side Carter but you are bringing this on yourself. I am trying to help you at least understand why you are in the middle of this storm with people who have been on this board for many many years. If you doubt the "vet" status of any one here, I'll tell you this; you never know who is behind a screen name so be careful of what you say and how you come across. PD's, Market Managers and Owners all read this stuff whether or not they respond so don't be fooled. You want to speak your mind and that's fine, but with the content and attitude of your posts you should expect to have someone speak out about it. I posted MY thoughts on your demeanor and you got upset for whatever reason. You are now acting just like the other posters in this thread of whom you are trying to berate for the same behavior.

BTW-If you doubt MY industry credentials, google me.

partyshark
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:44 am

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by partyshark » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:22 am

CarterManStink wrote:Oh, and one other thing to anyone who might actually be starting out in radio- they keep saying six years isnt enough time, and using words like 'measly' to describe my time. This repeated 'thing' doesn't make it true.
Yes it does...6 years aint shit in radio, buttnugget.
CarterManStink wrote: But that they don't acknowledge six years in Morning radio as a qualifier to speak here shows they're not legit. Don't be fooled.
You don't have 6 years in morning radio doofus, you have 3 years of co-host/producer/whipping and/or stuntboy, and 2 years of actual on air morning headliner experience. That's a distortion of the facts cartermanloser. You want respect then EARN it, not with 2 years doing your own morning show and definitely not with 3 years of playing second and third fiddle. Come play with the big boys after you have 6 years of a SUCCESSFUL morning show. You obviously didn't learn shit in the "6 years" of radio you claim to have. Lesson number 1; shut up and learn from those who are successful. Lesson number 2; shut up and prove yourself thru ratings. Lesson number three; shut up because you aren't as good as you think you are. And Lesson number 4; you ARE replaceable.
I learned that in the first ten minutes of my first day in a station when I was 15. You obviously think you know it all and therefore need not listen to anyone.

CarterManGod
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:56 am

It's not about 'earning anything' or 'proving thru ratings' it's about LUCK, and it's about radio station flanking. At best, it's about keeping a station right where it was when you were hired. And 2-3 years cohosting a Morning Show in a med market is worth more than any other position, in any other time slot. The end. So, yes, I do have 6 years in morning radio to boast & a legit industry man wouldn't try to diminish that.
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

partyshark
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:44 am

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by partyshark » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:24 am

CarterManGod wrote:It's not about 'earning anything' or 'proving thru ratings' it's about LUCK, and it's about radio station flanking. At best, it's about keeping a station right where it was when you were hired. And 2-3 years cohosting a Morning Show in a med market is worth more than any other position, in any other time slot. The end. So, yes, I do have 6 years in morning radio to boast & a legit industry man wouldn't try to diminish that, poser.

So much FAIL here I'll try not to laugh too hard...
1. Ratings pay the bills that's why we have Arbitron, Einstein.
2. LUCK has nothing to do with creating a compelling morning show.
3. Flanking is a way to protect the biggest earner from losing listeners to the competitor, but if said flanking station has a stellar morning show then 1 of 2 things will happen; a. The morning show will be moved to the top earning station if that show has more promise than the current one, or b. management with help grow that morning show on the flanking station. No one wants stagnant numbers. Numbers equal Dollars, dumbass.
4. 2 to 3 years means nothing to those who hire morning shows. That experience only shows that you know how to be the whipping boy.
5. So medium market morning co-host experience is worth more that afternoons in NYC or LA??? Come on man, you aren't THAT stupid, are you?
6. ANY respectable ( I say respectable because you are from from it) TALENT would not boast about 3 years morning butt-kissing and playing stunt boy in a medium market. You were a whipping boy for at least three of your "6 years" you "boast" of...hardly something to boast about. And your actual big boy experience is possibly 2 years but probably less since you have yet to publish a new resume stating you were fired from WGNI.

Now kiddo, the "proving" comes when you can establish yourself as a viable morning TALENT which you have not done because you were fired from your last 2 positions. Prove you can get the ratings, which you can't do because no one will hire you. If you can't do these 2 simple little things then your words hold no clout and you are laughed at as just another disgruntled radio-wannabe who is throwing a temper tantrum because no one will hire him.

Now, I am done with you because I have more important things to do, like take my momma to the doctor so she can have her bunions looked at... :lol: you even play second fiddle to bunions :lol:

CarterManGod
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:34 am

Is this the third, or fourth time, you've had better things to do, and been done with me?
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

partyshark
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:44 am

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by partyshark » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:42 am

CarterManfart wrote: I do have 6 years in morning radio to boast
Just one last jab because this is too much fun
"I do believe in Santa Clause, I do, I do, I really really do!!! " I think thats what you are trying to say here cartermanshit.
CarterManfart wrote: a legit industry man wouldn't try to diminish that, poser.
1... shows how much you know about radio, dink.
And 2... who's the "poser" po' boy? You're saying you have 6 years morning experience when really, to any PD in this business, you have 2.
Maybe you should try out for Next Top Model with all this "posing" you're doing...come on stunt boy...give us the "Cold Steel"... :lol:

CarterManGod
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:56 am

And 'Mr. Too Busy' responds within 15 minutes! Too good! The unavoidable truth is: This is MY thread. I'm supposed to be here. What is your excuse? In every single post, of every single page, for days, and now within minutes of my own post, you continue to do nothing but quote every sentence I write. Notice, that I haven't quoted you -
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

CarterManGod
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 pm

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:11 am

And, for the record, I'll stand behind anything you've posted of mine here. Even if you did filter your findings. And, no, I won't post more to redeem myself for a bunch of reasons: 1. You want me to. 2. I didn't ask that anything be posted in the first place. 3. The links you've provided are good enough for anyone trolling here. Hell yeah, I stand behind my stuff- any way it's displayed!
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply