I've Got a Pink Spot on My Shoe

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
KaseyKruz

Re: Time for a seminar on writing job posts

Post by KaseyKruz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:16 am

Carter-
Actually you are just the thread starter, or "OP" if you prefer, the thread belongs to everyone who posts.

I really am trying to see your side of things Carter, but you are making it difficult to even associate because of this chip on your shoulder. You are attacking everyone who is offering advice, solicited or not, just because you don't like what they have to say. When you make statements on a board like this in the manner you do, you're going to get flack. It seems to me that you don't like that flack and try to defend yourself in any way possible. Not once have I seen you back off, and this is your pitfall. You say you will keep posting forever just to get the last word, but as halltalk said...let it go man.
You're done with radio, fine, why bother throwing darts at an elephant? If you're still contemplating getting back in, come in and network here because the way you are going about, you'll never get a gig. I have gotten more jobs through connections than Network 40 and R&R back in the day and All access more recently. You dont like the way the jobs are listed, so what, these are the guys with the jobs who have the power to hire you. If you dont like the selection of jobs available, look somewhere else because this is where radio jobs are if you dont have a network of friends. 2 years, 3 years, 6 years, whatever your morning experience is, it doesnt matter when applying if you sell yourself, and you really haven't been doing a good job of that here recently. Like I said before, important people DO read this board even if they don't post.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:38 am

It's my thread.
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 am

I'm confused as to how the guy "filtered" anything, he posted a link to YOUR website.

I don't disagree there is a certain amount of luck involved in getting work. For instance, you see postings requiring so many years experience in certain markets, or so many years on air experience, then they turn around and hire a friend or promotions assistant whos only experience on a mic is singing karaoke on Wednesday nights.

For more proof luck plays a significant role in landing work, one must look no further than your own career, Carter.

You're like the guy who hit the lotto and pissed it all away complaining your same numbers won't come up a second time.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:20 am

You guys are looking at my situation through your own eyes, with your own desired outcomes in mind. But, I don't care about the same things you do. I had a great life before radio. I was 30 when I decided I wanted in- and got in! No matter who you claim to be, hiding behind your screen names- No matter what random old fact you dig up about me- No matter who you claim to 'know'- I will always know that I was never fired for performance issues. I was voted 'Best Local Morning Show' in Wilmington, where the company gave me no tools to succeed. A whole town voted me that! So, what are you? 2-3 posers? Doesn't really matter who you are with those numbers. And Arbitron doesn't touch a Local Vote like that either, so save it.. I know who I am, and thanks to you tools, so does anyone reading this. But, who are you?