Why he can't get a job

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
jjenkins

Re: Why he can't get a job

Post by jjenkins » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:53 am

Carter - I think a lot of these people are going off on you for no reason. Most here hate to hear the truth about radio - that it is a cesspool of corporate sanitized glop. Hats off to you for going back to school but the scary thing is - there is no safe industry anymore and jobs are scarce everywhere. Good luck to you, life is temporary - speak your truth.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:45 pm

'My defensiveness' or 'my getting attacked?'
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:52 pm

And btw, just so the truth is sitting out here too, with some of the babbling- A Film degree is a tremendous asset to a person in today's radio industry, and there are many ways to use/prove it. Don't ever let someone with no/or limited education try to 'tell you how it is,' it's likely they have the answer, but it only applies to their own lives, experiences, circumstances, agendas and goals. Try as you will, you cannot bring down this mighty sequoia!

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:49 am

CarterManGod wrote:And btw, just so the truth is sitting out here too, with some of the babbling- A Film degree is a tremendous asset to a person in today's radio industry,
Well it doesn't seem to be helping you out any.......... Hahahhaha

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:35 am

I think it's helping me just fine. In fact, since pretty much only the threads here at AA, that include me seem to be through the roof with 'views,' I went ahead and tweaked my frozen site. It's getting more traffic than ever! BTW, I will be using skills learned in Film school to fix it w/o the help of any 'extra' web person- which, for the cheap seats, means if a company hires me, they don't have to hire an extra person to maintain the web. I'd say that ANY radio employer today would see that Film degree as an enormous asset for that reason alone.
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:21 am

CarterManGod wrote: I went ahead and tweaked my frozen site.
"frozen" ??? Riiight...
CarterManGod wrote:since pretty much only the threads, here at AA, that include me seem to be through the roof with 'views
That's because you have to check the damn things every ten minutes to get in the last word in, asshole.
CarterManGod wrote:I'd say that ANY radio employer today would see that Film degree as an enormous asset for that reason alone.
You can say whatever you want but it doesn't make it true...besides, you just further prove why you are out of radio looking in- here's a clue - because you are out of touch with reality.
CarterManGod wrote:Thanks again for proving you don't work in radio with your remarks, or if you do, thanks for proving that you're obsolete.
Whatever...hahahahaa you seem to think that just because YOU don't work in radio, no one else here does either...WRONG again arseholio!

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:56 pm

As a person who has built entire ecommerce websites for hundreds of real clients, not to mention thousands of static sites over the last 10 years, and taught college credited courses on the subject, I can make two statements of fact.

1. The only way a website can become "frozen" is if you forget the login, or you stop paying the bill.

2. Your websites are amateurish at best, and your photoshop skills are non existent.

That's just the facts, man.

Confidence has its place, but your exaggerated claims and delusions of grandeur combined by your attention seeking behavior are indicative of serious mental illness.

You're fortunate to have a wife/mother who is able to support you financially, because you certainly couldn't do so yourself for any length of time with the skills you've exhibited both here and on your "frozen" website.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Well, 'Mr. Web Resume' I had to call the host service and the problem of being 'frozen' (as I coined it) was on their end. Took them 48 hrs and 'Boom!' it's back, so, what do you... know... again..? Oh yeah, zip! The site template IS amateurish, I agree, but I didn't design it and it's cheap! It serves a purpose only when I'm looking for radio work. The Photoshop skills are mad too btw. You see, just because your mouth moves a bunch, and noises come out, doesn't mean you've said anything valid. Quit being jealous. Quit crushing on me. And quit trying to chop me down because I know how sweet that resume site is posers.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:18 pm

~In fact, link it again so I don't have to!

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:50 am

That comparison of 'diesel' whatever is what educated people call a 'weak analogy.'
Last edited by CarterManGod on Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.