Why he can't get a job

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
thecheese

Re: Why he can't get a job

Post by thecheese » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:48 pm

I wouldn't say that at all about Full Sail
Of course you wouldn't.. you went there.

I'm sure the people who list such academic triumphs as "locksmithing" and "taxidermy" on their radio resume think quite highly of the at home coursework Sally Struthers pitched them on TV, too.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:37 am

Wow, Sally Struthers... Is that both barrels of funny?  Old, tired, weak, worn out- 

I guess I forgot that we were living in Bizzarro World. Where we take the advice of someone who's 'heard about a school,' instead of listening to the person who 'actually graduated from it.
Last edited by CarterManGod on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:04 pm

In school again? What for THIS time? Barber College? Maybe Accounting? Majoring in Refrigerator Macaroni Art perhaps?

Sounds like you suck at everything you try, then like to blame your failure on that respective industry for not seeing your non existent genius or talent.

So Radio didn't pan out.

Here are other places your film "degree" might be helpful:

Night cook at IHOP
Bagboy at Kroger
Crew Chief at McDonald's (that's a NCO position, by the way)
WalMart Greeter
Fluffer for Vivid Entertainments "bestiality" unit (not to be confused with "Key Grip")

I'll post more as I think of them.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:56 pm

I haven't determined that 'radio didn't pan out,' actually, that's your assumption. However, it doesn't appear to be panning out for a lot of people, especially, lately. Keep hatin' dude- but please stop trying to be funny. You've tried the 'Sally Struthers technical college joke' twice now, and it wasn't funny either time. I don't take offense- I know that even technical college is more than you've had, so...- it's just not funny at the core. Maybe if it were a current commercial you were using to mock me, but simply pulling something retro doesn't make it inherently funny. Plus, those commercials have been spoofed a million times for two decades, which, makes your attempt even more lame. It's also not a great comparison to Full Sail, even if you really want it to be. Your whole joke is as weak as it is irrelevant. Your every argument is full of inferences and fallacies. You speak, but only fantasy comes out. For being an AA troll I award you 15+ charisma and 17+ Dexterity! You should like that joke - it's as worn out as you!

I am available, for a fee, for consultancy if needed!

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Haha.. AND you're a D&D dildo, too.

It just gets better and better.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:07 am

Is that what you're going for? Really? I have to believe you're smart enough to realize that I just pulled a D&D joke because those jokes are almost exactly as old as your S Struthers joke. It was a brilliantly placed blast at you, but, apparently, it was too smart a joke for you to interpret correctly. I think I played D&D once when I met a new friend as a kid- had no idea what was going on, and wasn't interested because 'the dungeon master' kid just seemed to make up crap as he went along. Ironic, because that's like each of your posts.
Last edited by CarterManGod on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:55 am

No, zippy.. your D&D reference was right on par with everything you've posted to date.. and now that you've "outed" yourself, you can't deny it fast enough.

Your jabs are weak, just like your "frozen" website claims, the poorly executed bits that you chose to "showcase" there, and just like your incoherent single paragraph rants littered with 3rd grade punctuation.

That might be giving you a bit too much credit, since 3rd graders probably know what the word "irony" means, and you obviously don't.

Nice try, dingle berry.

CarterManGod

Post by CarterManGod » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:28 am

Seek help.
Last edited by CarterManGod on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

a2townie

Post by a2townie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:32 am

Listener here. Looking in on the industry from the outside, I have been horrified and dismayed lately. I have seen all my favorite stations dismantled and made unlistenable through voice tracking and increasingly limited/generic playlists, while many good people have been sent packing. My heart goes out to anyone struggling to succeed simply out of love for the craft, in an industry that does not value its on air talent, only its sales staff.

That said, after reading through this thread maybe I shouldn't feel sorry for any of you. Both Carter and all of his detractors come across as a bunch of immature, egotistical, mean-spirited douches. And that makes me sad. Are there any nice, kind-hearted jocks left in the industry? Are you all really that jaded?

Best of luck to all of you. You need it.

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:29 am

My site is the bomb (for being a resume site), my demos are spot on, my vids are great
Haha.. if you'd come at your 5 listeners with that piece of comedy gold, you might have been offered a demotion to board op instead of getting shit canned all together and getting replaced by a 4 hour long syndicated Geritol commercial.

I wonder if anyone even noticed?

IRONIC that you use the word 'bomb' to describe your 'resume site', by the way.