Note to AA re: Alan Burns

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
robnokshus

Re: Note to AA re: Alan Burns

Post by robnokshus » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:20 pm

heh heh. Hey Halltalk, I just saw some kids on your lawn!

jdenver

Post by jdenver » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:13 pm

HallTalk ...

We have enough negatives in the business, and Alan's got some pretty strong data he's sharing with the Industry. Learn or perish!

Did you bother to even sign up for his Webinars?

Or, are you just too busy looking out for those damn kids on your lawn? :)

tvguy2

Post by tvguy2 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:03 am

Burns is a master of stating the obvious and selling it to clients. He is average. At best.

tvguy2

Post by tvguy2 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:02 am

I worked for a couple of Burns' consulted stations. Sure, he's okay in smaller markets at "drilling the basics." But after a while, it became readily apparent that drilling the basics was all he could do -- he didn't have the intelligence nor the savvy to handle an audience with any kind of sophistication, or a market with any kind of sophistication.

halltalk

Post by halltalk » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Well, thank goodness! I would hate to sign onto AA this weekend without reading some more in-depth and astute observations from Alan Burns on the front page. Thanks, All Access!

halltalk

Post by halltalk » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:20 pm

I realize I'm just talking to myself at this point, but ...

I'm grateful for another week of being exposed to the latest findings from Alan Burns on the front page of AA. Honestly - why pay for it when it's all right here?

I was just honest - now I'll be honest AND serious. Time to change the splash page.

eggman

Post by eggman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:58 pm

thank God we have hall to tell everybody how to run everything. I for one can sleep much better tonight.

halltalk

Post by halltalk » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:52 pm

egg - yeah, that's me ... trying to "run everything."

As a customer/user of AA, I can feel free to comment on anything I'd like. AA can feel free to do what they'd like, including blocking or deleting. I go back with AA many years - from the beginning - and this "All Alan Burns All of the Time" front page is new. I think it should be marked with a small "advertisement" disclaimer - it's been weeks now. Maybe Burns has some interesting photos or bought stock in AA.

Drop in any time you have more pithy and cogent remarks to add, egg ...

eggman

Post by eggman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:35 pm

I too go back with AA many years, in fact, if you'll look at your 'joined' date and mine, I precede you by a few days.

So, nyahh.

halltalk

Post by halltalk » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:45 pm

I hate to tell ya, egg -- but these dates were reset during an AA make-over. I hate to tell you how far I go back on AA. Waaaaaay back to the first days. But if that's the yardstick you care to use, so be it. And it has nothing to do with anything. Ain't it grand how we both seem to have time to spare????