Lots of fans on AA boards...

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
Drakea83

Lots of fans on AA boards...

Post by Drakea83 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Has anyone else noticed that? I thought this was more of a place for people in the industry professionals to get together. Is that not right?

jjenkins

Re: Lots of fans on AA boards...

Post by jjenkins » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Who is left in the industry? Radio is dead. All the smart ones got the hell out a while ago.

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:00 am

I'll have about 63 hours in this week between in studio, remotes, and production.

I don't care about making money. I just love coming out of Wal-Mart at 11pm, getting in the car, and hearing my spots.

"Dude. That's me."

The money has all fallen out of radio except for sales.. but a strong argument can be made that that's where the real money has always been.

Seems like mostly what you find on AA are washed up radio guys and super stars crying about how nobody wants to pay them what their talent is worth.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:57 am

If you're going to do sales you should go sell something people actually want to buy - NOT radio. And if hearing your voice on the radio is still exciting to you after a few weeks of being on the air you're just a suffering ego. My advice to air talent: start a podcast or better yet a youtube channel where you can make money thru adsense and say whatever the hell you want to say.

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Sounds like sour grapes, jenkins.

If you were ever in radio for the money, you missed the point long ago. No sense in trying to explain it to you now, superstar.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:53 am

Ahhhh, the tired "sour grapes" brush off? Look, if you're weird enough to make love to the sound of your own voice on the radio like some mental case and still think it's some sort of ancient magic then by all means - enjoy that. If you want to make a real living then radio is not the way anymore. If you think that is "sour grapes" you're living in a fantasy world and frankly just trying to convince yourself that you are making the right decision in staying in a shrinking business. I know guys making 10-12k from youtube channels they do in their spare time with adsense. That is a good creative outlet that can provide some nice side cash while you also have a real career earning 50-100k doing something else.

But yea, if you're cool living like a hobo and marveling at your own voice then sure, try radio.

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:31 am

jjenkins wrote:Ahhhh, the tired "sour grapes" brush off? Look, if you're weird enough to make love to the sound of your own voice on the radio like some mental case and still think it's some sort of ancient magic then by all means - enjoy that.
Who left the barn door open? This is what happens when an idiot can't make it in radio. Plenty of people, myself included, make a decent living in radio. To most of US, it's about passion in what we do, the money is secondary, but you, jjerkoff, haven't figured that out. I'd rather work for less pay and love what I do than waste my time doing something that sucks. jjerkoff must hate that drive thru job at Mickey D's...

go away bitter little boy, let the real men talk.

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:53 pm

jjenkins wrote:Ahhhh, the tired "sour grapes" brush off? Look, if you're weird enough to make love to the sound of your own voice on the radio like some mental case and still think it's some sort of ancient magic then by all means - enjoy that. If you want to make a real living then radio is not the way anymore. If you think that is "sour grapes" you're living in a fantasy world and frankly just trying to convince yourself that you are making the right decision in staying in a shrinking business. I know guys making 10-12k from youtube channels they do in their spare time with adsense. That is a good creative outlet that can provide some nice side cash while you also have a real career earning 50-100k doing something else.

But yea, if you're cool living like a hobo and marveling at your own voice then sure, try radio.
Wow, it must suck going through life with a dick so tiny, you need to cling to pedestrian accomplishments, and overpriced junk for validation.

I never said I "made love" to the sound of my own voice, I just love my job. I get paid to play music, talk on the radio, and give shit away. They pay me money for this. Above minimum wage money.

Sure, i've had jobs making more money.. in fact, I regularly turn down offers for "real" jobs because i'd way rather do something I love for a little bit of money, than prostitute myself in a job a hate for what some random dill hole on an internet message board thinks is an adequate salary.

Clowns like yourself come and go on AA.. no job in radio. Pissed off and angry about it, so you come to a radio industry forum and rant and boo hoo and tamp your little foot, and call everyone doing what you wish you could names.

Maybe you should get your meds upped.. perhaps take up jelqing to help pass the time you normally spend obsessing about why stupid program directors won't pay you what your limitless talent is worth.

cuddzu

Post by cuddzu » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:58 am

Flinging a penis comment doesn't make you any better. Why can't the three of you have an honest discourse without resorting to Frat House accusations? Shame on all of you!

There are good points in all your posts. Just be civil please.
Thank You
All Access Moderator

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:01 am

I like how "thecheese" pointed out that they are special enough to make above minimum wage! LMAO wow! Really? You pathetic wage slave.

As always, I am the ultimate attention getting, performance expert. You all get so riled up and angry and completely ignore the brillant and spot on points I make and instead resort to the name calling and "sour grapes" nonsense that your little pea brained minimum wage brains are only capable of. I can come here after years of being away and take over the joint. I bet you wish you could attract any sort of attention but alas no one cares about your boring liner reads do they? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA, so shocking.

For the record I have been on multiple major market stations and none of you have. So please, keep spouting off your little BS denials of truth. ANd by all means - keep bragging about making above minimum wage! LMAO that was hilarious and TOTALLY proved my point 100%.

Losers.