Lots of fans on AA boards...

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
halltalk

Re: Lots of fans on AA boards...

Post by halltalk » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:15 pm

"For the record I have been on multiple major market stations and none of you have. "

jj - while I'm not a fan of your nasty-grams, I hope you're referring only to the folks in this thread, correct? You really don't want to get into a "mine is bigger than yours" thing ....

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Hey JJ.. if you were 1/10 as awesome as you think you are, you'd STILL be in major market radio.. not washed up on an industry board extolling the virtues of YouTube videos and podcasts.

Where's all your awesome talent and major market experience gotten you, j..j..j..j..jerkoff?

Fact remains, YOU came into this thread flinging poo because YOU can't get a job in radio that pays what you THINK your super awesome talent is worth.

Legend in your own mind.

P.S. passing out stickers as a promotions intern in Duluth or Cleveland doesn't equal "major market" experience.

But hey.. if you're so confident your credentials are bulletproof and beyond reproach, why not post your resume right here in this forum, superstar?

Otherwise, sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. Whiner.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:44 am

Major market as being ON THE AIR "cheese." I got out of radio because the money sucked donkey balls and the stability was suitable only for college kids, not an adult looking to save some real money. The major markets are a joke these days - they are filled with 23 year old guys who are paid peanuts and a few vets that are sticking around making good money knowing that they are the last to do so and are only safe due to their old contracts from another era.

The ones that stick around while making 30-40k (if they are lucky) are the ones that don't have any real intelligence or ability to adapt to the new digital world. You tell yourself you're special and working in a creative industry all the while knowing deep down that radio is anything BUT creative and only losers and the talentless are still in radio - and that goes for talent and management and sales. Every part of the radio business is filled with the dregs of that type of business.

Enjoy being in the crappiest industry there is. Loser. I EASILY achieved my goal of being on the air in a couple of major markets and have since moved on to make more money that I could have ever imagined. Enjoy voicetracking and making stupid commercials that no one gives a shit about. LOL

robnokshus

Post by robnokshus » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Ahhh Jenkins. For a guy who's "moved on" you sure seem to have a hard time moving on. Next time you come by here, bring some beer.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:19 am

I'll never "move on" from jerking radio freaks around especially if there is a chance to convince a younger person to not bother going into radio. I know of former radio people who now work for "broadcasting schools" in admissions. I don't know how someone can do that with a clear conscious. The industry is a shrinking one at best and a dead one at worst. Anyone with any real radio experience that is telling kids to go into radio or helping them do it is a true jerkoff.

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:53 pm

What markets/stations did you have day parts on, jjenkins?

You'll get no argument from me that a large portion of radio today is mindless voice tracking. Nor will I ever advise anyone looking for a big payday to go down the radio road.

Broadcasting schools, for the large part, are a joke.. and I know of at least one "major" broadcasting "school" sending recent graduates (after spending $16k on their "education) out on interviews for part time club DJ work for $50 a night.

But unlike you, I truly believe radio, particularly LOCAL radio, still has a shot. It offers that element that podcast, nor YouTube video, nor syndicated ClearChannel program simply cannot provide.

You trivialize people in radio making $30k, so you're suggesting you're pulling down more than that solely on your YouTube videos? Then why not post a link to your channel?

I think you're full of shit.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:28 pm

You're a dumb ass. I don't need to make YouTube vids (and don't) but yes, many people make good side money (10-13k) from successful channels. It's common knowledge to those who aren't stuck in old media like radio.

Keep clinging to the radio horse and buggy pal, you and the rest of the tards won't realize how stupid you've been until you're fired and you're over 40 and have no other skills other than radio bullshit. Then you'll be the weird old guy working at Target. Only thing is - you can't say no one told you so. It's been known by everyone since around 2004 that radio was doomed. Oh and you're lucky if you're making 30k these days. It's only going to get worse.

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:48 am

So, again.. jjerkins.. since you're so done with radio, and now have a solid non radio career.. why not back up a bit of this unsolicited wisdom with some credentials?

If you're the great talent you think you are, list at least ONE of your past major market gigs.

Just one.

Because from what i've seen so far, I can't imagine a PD would hire you board op, let alone give you any on air time. On a college station. In BFE. Let alone a major market day part.

I think you're full of shit.

Just another hack who couldn't cut it, and lashing out at the industry that rejected you on an internet message board is what you do cope.. because nobody will give you a microphone to express yourself.

Well, unless you count the microphone attached to the cash register at Burger King.

But I gotta ask.. can you eat food with your ass, too? Or just talk out of it?

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:37 am

Only complete morons give out their real name and identity when speaking such ultimate truths as I am. Anonymous speech is something protected by the Constitution for a reason: speaking truth to morons. LOL why don't you tell us your real name and the station you currently work at? I'd love to look up your web profile on the crap station page.

Try another gimmick - I've won. (again).

thecheese

Post by thecheese » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:33 am

Post yours first, jjerkoff.. and then i'll post mine.

Oh, that's right.. you don't have one.. because no one will hire you.

I could be the suckiest DJ on the planet and i've STILL got one up on you, because unlike you.. i've GOT a job in radio.

You, on the other hand, are just another pathetic looser trolling industry message boards crying about how nobody will hire your stupid ass, and you can't understand why.