Jobs

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
thecheese

Re: Jobs

Post by thecheese » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:28 am

Danno, state laws have been in effect for years, well before Obama was even a blip on the map, let alone president, that require companies with either a certain number of employees, or a certain amount of annual sales to offer some kind of health insurance to their FULL TIME employees.

These are usually minimum wage, or just above it kinds of jobs. Keeping employees part time keeps not only their overhead down (not having to pay overtime), but also helps them from having to offer health insurance.

Companies like WalMart actually encourage employees to sign up for welfare for medical benefits.

So it's OK in your book for a multi-billion dollar a year corporation ($219.8 billion to be exact) to pay employees jack squat, rake in record profits on the backs of those minimum wage employees, and have those employees healthcare needs met by state government on YOUR TAX DOLLARS?

This is your argument? You think it makes more sense for YOU to pay for health insurance for employees who work for a company that rakes in some $6.7 BILLION DOLLARS ANNUALLY IN PROFIT so they don't have to?

These unofficial letters and rumors of such seem to circulate every election year. They're designed to freak people already barely making a living out. To cause panic.

"I'm already barely scraping by on what I make now.. and if this guy gets elected/re-elected things are really going to go to sh!t."

This kind of panic politics isn't rooted in any kind of fact, it's just propaganda from the wealthy designed to spook the proud, working poor into backing a candidate who really has no interest in doing anything but paying their already economically depressed workforce even less.

"If ObamaCare is passed, mass layoffs may be possible. You could loose your job. Don't let big government take over. It's us against them." same old same old.

Just like the old saying.. keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

amzee75

Post by amzee75 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:06 pm

femmyv

Post by femmyv » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:00 pm

Wow. That's some bullshit we're seeing here. You'd think all of the entry-level on-air positions that led to the possibility of moving up the ladder all went away, only in the last four years. You'd think the consolidation that began in 1984 (thanks, Ronnie!) and exploded in the 1990s never happened. You'd think Automated Music Delivery and computerized playlists were all just a bad dream ....

winterwest

Post by winterwest » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Danno, not sure how old you are but let me give you the view from where I am at 55 with 35 of those in this business.

First, this business is no different than any other except for the fact that as soon as the current crop of real estate investors that fancy themselves broadcasters took over after dereg, they ALL started cutting positions back to part time because they thought airstaff was fat that needed to be trimmed in order to make a profit.

Next, you appear to be a proud member of "the idiot fringe". (not my term, but I understand it and appreciate its application) The "idiot fringe" is the 15% on either end of the political spectrum that is convinced that the problems this country is facing is caused by "the other guys".

I hate to break it to you, Danno, but the president has become merely a mascot for the country. He (maybe some day "she") is the face put before us that will make the royal screwing we're all about to get for the next four years the easiest to take.

I doubt you're as simpleminded as your statement that "if you need health insurance, go buy it" makes you out to be. But, in case you are, there are actually people out there that have to choose between their medications, food, heat...and before you toss out another ignorant statement like the whole "go buy some" line, or, "they should have worked harder and made something of themselves", realize that that person might very likely be your parent or one of their friends.

So, that having been said, what is the source of this problem we're facing? I mean, everyone in Congress has health insurance, right? That is the problem as well as the solution.

In the greatest country in the world, there is no reason any citizen should go without medical care. Period.

Solution:
No member of Congress shall be paid in excess of 100K per year, regarless of position.
No member of Congress shall be granted healthcare/insurance not afforded every other citizen.

No member of Congress will recieve a pension to exceed 6mos. pay upon leaving Congress after your 2nd term.

I could go on and tell you how to pay for it with money left over AND NOT RAISE TAXES, but I'll let that seep in for a bit, first.

You see, Danno, this bullshit back-n-forth that we put up with is a show staged for our benefit. It's to try to convince us that our Congress is occupied by ethical, honest, respectable men and women that care about this country, when in actuality, it's occupied by treasonous WHORES on both sides of the aisle.

In short, you can wring your hands and whine about Obamacare and those mean old liberals, but the truth is they're all the same. As long as there's a buck in it for someone in Washington, we're in for a screwing until we pay a little more attention to Jefferson.

danno

Post by danno » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:37 pm

You can Believe what you want, BUT i haven't seen ANYONE argue against the Facts posted. so, don't let Reality get in the way of your "thinking". you will see i am correct, but, by the time you see it, it will be too late. if things stay on the present course, let me write or call you in a year or so, then tell me how obamacare is working out for you, and let me know if you still have a job. i really wish the best for you all.

danno

Post by danno » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:11 pm

Hope you all are VOTING Now or on November 6th. the last 4 years in the Radio industry and ALL industries have been rough, your Vote will determine whether you will Keep your Job or Get one in the Future, that is what its ALL about. Choose Wisely, my friends.

halltalk

Post by halltalk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Thanks for the advice, Danno. I did choose wisely and my guy won. When ACA takes full effect in 2014 every reliable (key word - reliable) source says it will save money. It's nearly the same as the plan Willard put in place in Mass that has saved lives and covered something like 98% of all residents.

"Just go buy your own health care."

I would - if it were that easy. But COBRA is (for our family) nearly $2000 month AND it doesn't cover pre-existing conditions. Danno? Do you have an extra $24,000 handy?

Many employeers use any excuse to bitch and moan and fire people. Health care is the LAST thing they should complain about.

danno

Post by danno » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:36 pm

halltalk wrote:Thanks for the advice, Danno. I did choose wisely and my guy won. When ACA takes full effect in 2014 every reliable (key word - reliable) source says it will save money. It's nearly the same as the plan Willard put in place in Mass that has saved lives and covered something like 98% of all residents.

"Just go buy your own health care."

I would - if it were that easy. But COBRA is (for our family) nearly $2000 month AND it doesn't cover pre-existing conditions. Danno? Do you have an extra $24,000 handy?

Many employeers use any excuse to bitch and moan and fire people. Health care is the LAST thing they should complain about.
HALLTALK, tell ya what, lets get back together in a year or so and see how you feel...THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN! Best Wishes.

jjenkins

Post by jjenkins » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:26 am

Nothing like stupid radio guys discussing politics. I can tell which TV shows you watch based on your parrotting talking points. Brainwashed morons, go read a liner card and pretend it's a career.

tstone

Post by tstone » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:40 am

I hate it when Faux Noise invades All Access.