This is Really Nice

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
skerr

This is Really Nice

Post by skerr » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Bravo to Joel and the gang for the new look of All Access. I must stop referring to Joel Denver as "Joel and the Gang." It sounds too much like a morning show, where the 7th caller now wins tickets to see the Jonas Brothers. Call now and dial carefully. Kudos All Access.

anonymousscreenname

Re: This is Really Nice - NOT!

Post by anonymousscreenname » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Strongly disagree. If I wanted the user un-friendliness of a radio-info.com, I'd read there. The old AA interface was far more simple. Joel didn't need to try to emulate r-i. This is like Kiss-FM LA trying to retool itself into the image of some lame rimshot in the valley. Very disappointed.

jussomeguy

Re: This is Really Nice

Post by jussomeguy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Have to agree with Anonymouse. Maybe this is Day One and there's tweaking to be done, but the site now seems really scattered and time-consuming to navigate. I come here for info, not oversized fonts, endless scrolling requirements, flash graphics and sound effects. So far, lots of style and not much substance.

TotalPopularMusic

Post by TotalPopularMusic » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:58 pm

Congratulations on a great job!

Yes, there are still a few bugs, but I know from my own experience, the ones I see require only some minor tweaking, and most of us experience ones similar to them at first. I remember when FMQB launched their upgraded site not that long ago. My first impression was not all that positive because of the same kinds of bugs, but within 24 hours they were fully corrected and I realized they'd done a great job. I know the same holds true for All Access.

Also, I wonder if my site's http://totalpopularmusic.com/Behind-the-Microphone.html NewsPage will be the only one to report on the All Access V. 3.0 Upgrade. In reporting the basic news -- with the quotes from Joel -- I added a second paragraph:

TPM founder & Chief Executive Mark Harris says, "Unfortunately most sites that report Radio & Media News will not mention this milestone for our friends at All Access because of foolish competitive concerns. Yet, I know for a fact that all of them regularly read <a href="http://www.allaccess.com/" target="_new">AllAccess.com</a>, and I can easily see when the other sites directly steal an item from All Access, which they do quite regularly. We previously reported on site upgrades and revamping by the late R&R and FMQB, among others. And we are pleased to salute All Access on their major accomplishment."

warpfactor

Post by warpfactor » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:41 am

The new site's in a "shake out" period . I'm sure Joel and company are going to be spending some time getting all the "unplanned bugs" out over the next several weeks. I'm sure my detractors have said "Omigod , Warp's gonna be posting all over this thing ". Nope , I am proceeding conservatively. I'm gonna be doing more watching and reading for awhile ., and see how the other regulars adapt to the "new look" .

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:45 am

love the site but hate the logon sounder Joel...top notch redesign

kkruz

Post by kkruz » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:58 am

anonymousscreenname wrote:Strongly disagree. If I wanted the user un-friendliness of a radio-info.com, I'd read there.
At least AA let us know that changes were coming unlike r-i ! ! ! Besides, AA has been the same since it's debut, why not do an overhaul...looks great!

kyhyfm

Post by kyhyfm » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:10 pm

Nice cool slick look, big buggy but I know it will get better....

cboone

Post by cboone » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:34 pm

kkruz wrote:
anonymousscreenname wrote:Strongly disagree. If I wanted the user un-friendliness of a radio-info.com, I'd read there.
At least AA let us know that changes were coming unlike r-i ! ! ! Besides, AA has been the same since it's debut, why not do an overhaul...looks great!

Since R-I changed its looks, the moderators there became dictators......and banned anyone who disagreed with them even in PRIVATE Email......luckily, AA is not that way......(hopefully! ;)

supernaut2112

Post by supernaut2112 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:06 pm

I like the new design, I've also noticed the site runs a HELL of a lot faster.