UNPAID GIGS

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
thelegend

UNPAID GIGS

Post by thelegend » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Can you cheap bastards stop putting up ads for unpaid gigs. Here's a flash: MOST OF US DO NOT WORK FOR FREE! :roll:

femmyv

Re: UNPAID GIGS

Post by femmyv » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:06 am

Agreed. Why does AA even allow that shit?

jdenver

Post by jdenver » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:47 pm

Here is why All Access allows the posting of unpaid jobs ...

They plainly state that there is NO compensation.

There are lots of successful ventures that started out for NO PAY ... and ended up being money-making ventures because folks had a passion for the project.

And, I am sure that there are many professional who'd rather contribute to some new potential opportunity than sit around and do nothing all day. Keeping active and keeping creative juices flowing is the name of the game.

Thoughts?

ison

Post by ison » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:32 pm

SMH

corneo

Post by corneo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:38 pm

jdenver wrote:Here is why All Access allows the posting of unpaid jobs ...

They plainly state that there is NO compensation.

There are lots of successful ventures that started out for NO PAY ... and ended up being money-making ventures because folks had a passion for the project.

And, I am sure that there are many professional who'd rather contribute to some new potential opportunity than sit around and do nothing all day. Keeping active and keeping creative juices flowing is the name of the game.

Thoughts?
This is how you build friendships and make deals that lead to big money. Do yo really think millionaires go to these fund raisers and give money to be kind? No, they do it because it creates a common ground to work with other millionaires which leads to big money agreements.
Seeing this is an election year, you should be doing any gig you can get. Free or not. Politicians are there for popularity and money. Ride the train.

dwc151

Post by dwc151 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:07 pm

I'd have no problem with real radio stations advertising unpaid intern gigs. What I do have a problem with is people playing radio on the internet acting like they're the next big thing. Some of us have worked pretty damn hard to get where we are. To have someone claim what they're doing is equal to that is insulting.

dgrey

Post by dgrey » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:29 am

working for free is only profitable if it gets you some fame or raises your popularity!

frankincleveland

Post by frankincleveland » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:30 pm

Webster defines 'Job' as, "The work that a person does regularly in order to earn money"

The definition of "Unpaid" is, "Done or taken without payment"

So what the hell is an "Unpaid Job"? Something a person does regularly in order to earn money but does not take payment"?

I don't have a problem with people posting non-paid gigs, but I *do* think they should be in their own category.. say, "Unpaid gigs".

That way people can post those kinds of things, and people interested in working for free can find them, but the other 98% of folks browsing the JOBS section looking for work (because they need money to do silly things like eat) don't have to drudge through countless ridiculous unpaid "job" offerings.

Just my .02 cents worth.

femmyv

Post by femmyv » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Do yo really think millionaires go to these fund raisers and give money to be kind? No, they do it because it creates a common ground to work with other millionaires which leads to big money agreements.
So why do you imagine anyone who's been successful on any level in radio is going to invest their time in your project, that *might* bring a payoff at some point.

Someone who's looking for others to work free, has nothing to put on the table, in exchange for the investment of a radio pro's time.

king1

Post by king1 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:36 am

They are getting paid...look at all the ads on eh page. Radio people (of all people) should know that we have to get people to listen...I mean to the site in order to have enough listeners...I mean hits so that they can sell those ads. Free? Nope!