I can't think of a worse forum to spam.

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
scremped

I can't think of a worse forum to spam.

Post by scremped » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:28 pm

We're all a bunch of broke or out of work DJ's. How odd that these spammers would keep coming here. Are they really expecting any of us to buy bicycle parts, NCAA viewing packages, Runescape or whatever other stupid thing they're trying to sell?

I don't think they could have found a less motivated clientele to try and scam.

donobrian

Re: I can't think of a worse forum to spam.

Post by donobrian » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:12 pm

I love being on the air, and I get to do it, my childhood dream, once or twice a week on the weekends. During the week I have a real job where I'm valued and paid a fair amount for work. I love following radio, in a comical sense, these idiots who can't hear hits just now really spinning talk dirty and happy, 2 songs that, like the UK I knew were hits and would have played in power rotation back in October. Just like I know that chr and hot ac should play that Disney song. I love to laugh at all those from major to small markets show up late to the party and then wonder why radio is such a joke today as it is programmed by fear, not by putting on an entertaining product.

I'm certainly one they would want to reach, I can buy their products if I wanted to, but what I will say is that internet advertising is not top of mind and no matter how they attempt to get their stuff viewed, it just doesn't have the impact of tv and radio top of mind awareness. Now, for the cost and the audience it reaches, the fact that you can really niche it out to zoned in demographics of those most likely to purchase, better than any other ad medium there is, I would not say it is silly to use it. Just that i think there needs to be a better way of capturing attention and making an impression. If I knew how to do that I'd be.... well in today's world ripped off of my idea and make someone who has the government paid off a lot of money, that's how it works today, the game is rigged for the most part.

corneo

Re: I can't think of a worse forum to spam.

Post by corneo » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:02 pm

scremped wrote:We're all a bunch of broke or out of work DJ's. How odd that these spammers would keep coming here. Are they really expecting any of us to buy bicycle parts, NCAA viewing packages, Runescape or whatever other stupid thing they're trying to sell?

I don't think they could have found a less motivated clientele to try and scam.
They are not hoping for a sale, they are trying to get links back to their site for a better rating on google search.

It's a web designer trick that really doesn't work anymore.