Webcasting

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
bobbyb77

Webcasting

Post by bobbyb77 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:07 am

More and more of these website "radio" stations are popping up.

What I have noticed is that instead of making the average Joe sound like a pro, they take pros and make them sound like amateurs.

The sites that offer video as well as audio are the worst. Geeeez, talk about sounding AND looking like a rank amateur broadcasting from a card table in their Mom's basement!

Too much splintering, too UNinteresting and typically of low quality.
The only thing that gives them hope is the "vanity press" nature of the venue: Egomaniacs everywhere will cough up the bones to put their "show" on the "air". Don't look for a diamond in the ruff, 'cause they pretty much all suck. Even if you have talent, rest assured that the "broadcast" quality and UNllikliehood of getting found in the crowd will have you sentenced to obscurity, no more so than when you finally cannot afford the subscription for your "airtime" and stop "broadcasting" altogether.

It's a great scam, if you're the one collecting the fees.

partyshark

Re: Webcasting

Post by partyshark » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:06 am

talk about sounding AND looking like a rank amateur broadcasting from a card table in their Mom's basement!
Yeah, because a good looking studio makes all the difference in the sound of the programming...hahaha puhleeeese dude, get off it. These people are just trying to do what they've done most of their life any way they can get it done.
I don't know of you've priced out building a top notch home studio, but it ain't cheap. The way to sound good over the internet is audio processing. There are some really good products out there that can really make a computer operation sound good online.

onairla

Post by onairla » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:52 am

You sound bitter bobby. Kinda like that guy that was shot down during his marriage proposal. Now, all he can do is call her is a *&^%$ITCH.

There are some real good webcasters and some not-so-good. Props to those rocking multiple Continents at the same time.

Generalizing anything is not a good idea.. me thinks.

L

bobbyb77

Post by bobbyb77 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:31 am

onairla wrote:You sound bitter bobby. Kinda like that guy that was shot down during his marriage proposal. Now, all he can do is call her is a *&^%$ITCH.

There are some real good webcasters and some not-so-good. Props to those rocking multiple Continents at the same time.

Generalizing anything is not a good idea.. me thinks.
L
Let's see......
"You sound bitter bobby. Kinda like that guy that was shot down during his marriage proposal. Now, all he can do is call her is a *&^%$ITCH. "

"Generalizing anything is not a good idea.. me thinks. "

Me thinks you're a hypocrite.

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:53 pm

You tool. He was not saying all guys named bobby are bitter, that would be a generalization. He was comparing you to a guy who was bitter because the guy got shot down on a wedding proposal, which was a hilarious ANALOGY by the way.

And people wonder why radio is so boring what with all these uneducated types running all willy-nilly.

just for you bobby, a little grade school lesson
Definition: An analogy is a comparison of certain similarities between things which are otherwise unlike.

bobbyb77

Post by bobbyb77 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:36 pm

partyshark wrote:

You tool. He was not saying all guys named bobby are bitter, that would be a generalization. He was comparing you to a guy who was bitter because the guy got shot down on a wedding proposal, which was a hilarious ANALOGY by the way.

And people wonder why radio is so boring what with all these uneducated types running all willy-nilly.

just for you bobby, a little grade school lesson
Definition: An analogy is a comparison of certain similarities between things which are otherwise unlike.

Talk about a TOOL!

Since you're trying to impress us with your ability to work a dictionary, you might want to either look up or have someone else explain to you what "generalization" means.

Your fellow idiot doesn't know me from anybody, yet automatically assumed my opinion on webcasting was due to me being "bitter". Assuming that someone with my same opinion on this subject is bitter, IS a generalization.

Typical radio dunce: Tries to correct me and come off as some sort of intellectual, meanwhile is likely a minimum wage board jockey who should be spending this time clipping coupons.

THAT is a generalization that is more precise and on-target, eh Sparky?

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:52 am

THAT is a generalization that is more precise and on-target
Uhhh, no it's not Einstein.
here we go again, I am going to have to start charging you for the elementary school lessons if you insist on being a dolt...
Definition: Making a general statement/assumption about a specific group. ex. Teenagers are irresponsible. You are making a generalization because you are making a general assumption that all teenagers are irresponsible, when it could not be true. The key point is GROUP! Do you think you can grasp that concept? GROUP, as in the world does not revolve around you and your selfish intuitions. GROUP - meaning that there are more than just you, you self centered idiot. Who cares if someone is trying to make something happen in this economy, and who the fuck are you to call them out, you sorry excuse for a human? Go get a f*ckin clue you f*ckin doucebag and do something bigger than just ripping people in their ambitions. What, are you the internet radio police? Go and do it better than they are then you dipshit and let us critique you in the public eye. If you can do it better, then do it, if not, shut the f*ck up. My guess is that you have neither the talent nor the funds, not to mention the knowhow, to set up an internet station. The best you can do is a 20 dollar usb mic and headphone combo from best buy and a bunch of mp3s you downloaded illegally from the newsgroups.
eh Sparky?
Typical radio DJ wannabe, can't even get a name right when it is spelled out right in front you hahaha you loser!
Here, let me help you - S - H - A - R - K
maybe you need hooked on phonics kid...

I think jjenkins has another screen name...just a thought

Typical radio dunce: Tries to correct me and come off as some sort of intellectual, meanwhile is likely a minimum wage board jockey who should be spending this time clipping coupons.
See, now that there is an assumption, which makes an ass out of YOU...hahaha, you're pathetic. Now, go back to your basement radio station on a card table and intro Lady Gaga for the 100th time until you don't sound like an amateur and can hit the post son...oh I mean jenkins...

bobbyb77

Post by bobbyb77 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:41 am

First off, SPARKY, I wasn't trying to use your g@Y-@ss screen name, I was referring to you by a generic name typically associated with immature j@ck@asses.

Second, the "generalization" was in automatically assuming that ANYBODY with my opinion on webcasting MUST by bitter. THAT IS a generalization. I realize you THINK you understand the definition, but Webster's doesn't always spell out every conceivable use of every definition or sub-definition. They expect their readers to have a brain.

Finally.......

Awwww, did hurt your wittle feelings?

A little sensitive, perhaps, about webcasting? Are you one of those clown wannabes who has a card table and USB mic setup so the world can hear your every pathetic, boring thought? I bet you sit there wearing your little "Susie the Time-Life operator" headset talking to yourself for hours! It's apparent you spend an abundance of time on these boards trying to get noticed, so it's no surprise, with your "career" in the tank, that you "webcast"---as if ANYONE actually pays attention to you.

Why don't you get a REAL job at an ACTUAL radio station instead of playing pretend radio? Oh, that's right. You have to have TALENT to that and you're just another turd that got washed out an early round of cuts. Gee, the biz really misses you! How will we go on!

onairla

Post by onairla » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:55 am

Partyshark is the part of the brain that is creative, problem solving, and always moving ahead. Bobby seems to be the part of the brain where mercury collects. (save the dolphins; eat no tuna)

I do find it fun bobby that you give us permission to piss you off. In World of Warcraft we call that Nerd Rage.

It takes the same amount of energy to choose being positive or negative in here.

Nonetheless, bobby is somewhat right. I am a hypocrite... stinkpot, jerk, @sshole, inconsiderate, selfish, nerfherder. 'cause i'm a MAN BABY!
L

partyshark

Post by partyshark » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 am

Hurt my feelings? Hardly chief. Like I said before, those who can, DO! Those who can't just sit and cry about it like a little girl.

Internet radio is the future and those blazing the trail right now are the pioneers to which you will bow down to in the future bitchboy.

Oh, and as a matter of fact, I do work in radio sister, on the air in several cities. That's called SYN-DI-CA-TION. I know that's a big word for you to handle so I will 'splain it fer ya...My - show - on - more - than - one - station.
I hope that was clear enough for your simple mind to handle. Now, quit hitting that crack pipe and get outside for some fresh air, I am sure your mommy would agree.

Now, since I have had to school you on more than 2 occasions mr. bitter-because-he-doesn't-have-a-real-radio-job, I will have to end this session because I have better things to do (like a syndicated show) than smoke more speed like you... ta ta little man.

Oh, and here is a little something to think about...
"Great people talk about great ideas; average people talk about average ideas; small people talk about other people" - Anonymous