Why?

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
thelegend

Why?

Post by thelegend » Sat May 17, 2014 2:14 am

You know, I've been in several businesses and why is it RADIO and RADIO PEOPLE are the worst at big fat egos. Come on folks you're doing RADIO. You're not a rock star, high paid attorney, heart surgeon, you're a fucking DJ. Oh excuse me Radio Personality. Whatever!

You're the typical DJ that looks like a fat-ass or a face for radio type. driving an early 80s car or truck. working for a station with nothing but shut-ins, mentally retarded or know it all PDs listening to your stupid 6 hour show for $8 bucks an hour.

Now listen up there DJ BOY I'm not trying to get you mad all I want you you to do is shut the fuck up about how talented you think you are or GMs/Owners who think their station is God's gift to man. Anybody with intelligence that might be listening to the radio these daze and hears your show will certainly know you are NOT talented. :mrgreen:

corneo

Re: Why?

Post by corneo » Sun May 18, 2014 9:31 am

Talk about busting on peoples happy bubbles. LMAO!

I agree, most (not all) radio personalities feel they are god's gift. I dealt with the same problem at the station I worked at. From what I have seen, people like this have low self esteems, need to be center of attention and will do just about anything to get attention. Quickest way to know if a talent is bad, they will tell you they are the talent. It seems the good talent will hide from people and don't want the exposer. Like Paul Harvey. Damn he was good but he never told you he was.

I've left radio to go in to a business where I am making far more money than I ever will in radio. I have no intention of going back and if the station ask me for a talent I would suggest. I would tell them to look at podcasters. They'll work for nothing. LOL

danno

Post by danno » Sun May 18, 2014 5:03 pm

corneo wrote:Talk about busting on peoples happy bubbles. LMAO!

I agree, most (not all) radio personalities feel they are god's gift. I dealt with the same problem at the station I worked at. From what I have seen, people like this have low self esteems, need to be center of attention and will do just about anything to get attention. Quickest way to know if a talent is bad, they will tell you they are the talent. It seems the good talent will hide from people and don't want the exposer. Like Paul Harvey. Damn he was good but he never told you he was.

I've left radio to go in to a business where I am making far more money than I ever will in radio. I have no intention of going back and if the station ask me for a talent I would suggest. I would tell them to look at podcasters. They'll work for nothing. LOL
There is Nothing Wrongwith confidence and sometimes its taken as a big ego... i guess i would call an inflated ego the Morons who think they are great then show up on American Idol, then they can't sing and are "Crushed" and start crying when they are booted off the show. as far as Radio people, there are more creeps, weirdos and mental cases in this business than just about any other, and some may have an inflated ego and guess what, some may also have the "Cred" too with ratings and position, the others will be weeded out pretty quickly. Everybody has an Ego and a belief in themselves, i wouldn't give a damn for anyone who didn't, but they better have The "Goods" too.

zebster

Post by zebster » Mon May 19, 2014 4:25 am

You call yourself "The Legend", yet complain about OTHER people's egos?
Oblivious to irony.
Your observation isn't even uniformly true. The 2 best Rock DJs I ever worked with... Steven Seaweed at The Bone in San Francisco and Bob Keller at The Eagle in Sacramento... are brilliant, yet humble.

It seems you come here as an embittered retiree just to piss on other people's parades.
That's a rather pathetic aspiration.
I mean, I'm sorry you're a miserable human being, but these posts aren't helping you any.
Go smoke joint or smell some flowers or something.

corneo

Post by corneo » Mon May 19, 2014 3:09 pm

[quote="danno"]

There is Nothing Wrongwith confidence and sometimes its taken as a big ego... i guess i would call an inflated ego the Morons who think they are great then show up on American Idol, then they can't sing and are "Crushed" and start crying when they are booted off the show. as far as Radio people, there are more creeps, weirdos and mental cases in this business than just about any other, and some may have an inflated ego and guess what, some may also have the "Cred" too with ratings and position, the others will be weeded out pretty quickly. Everyb[quote="danno"]

I understand in what your saying. But you have to admit the guy that tells a girl he's D.J. and does she want to see his room (at his parents house) does creep everybody out.

I did learn something that I never realized. When I did radio, it was an afternoon drive on talk radio. Mainly by myself (sometimes a co-host) but I would do 3 subjects in a 15 min. segment. Short and sweet topics.

My friend who took my place has done music radio for over 20 years and never did talk radio. His hardest problem is being able to talk for 15 min to himself. In music radio, you say what you have to very quickly before the singing starts, but in talk you have to slow down and paint a picture to the listener mind.
You have to be theatrical and have passion with you voice, make fun of your screw-ups and be ready for that caller who knows way more about a subject than you do. Hopefully, they don't bury you. LOL

I will admit, it was very cool when this guy of 20 year on the air said "You have to have a talent for talk radio."

But I still think the majority of DJ are losers. LOL

danno

Post by danno » Mon May 19, 2014 4:23 pm

corneo, there is a special talent for doing talk radio, but not everyone doing it is Great. there is also a special talent for doing music radio Well. the vast majority of those (outside morning radio) read liner cards and they consider themselves air "Personalities"....they are NOT! it takes a special talent to Entertain within the bounds of a music format, and it Can be done, and was, once upon a time.

thelegend

Post by thelegend » Mon May 19, 2014 11:09 pm

Yes zebster I AM the Legend. Get out of my way or I'll piss on you. :lol:

zebster

Post by zebster » Wed May 21, 2014 3:20 pm

thelegend wrote:Yes zebster I AM the Legend. Get out of my way or I'll piss on you. :lol:
Q: What does The Legend smell like?
A: Depends.

Look, I'm deeply sorry to hear about your dribbling problem. But they should have all the supplies you'll need over there at the grouchy retirees nursing home.

Anyway, got a music log to do. So I'll be putting you in the ignore file.

doubled89

Post by doubled89 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:26 pm

Yes, there are radio personalities out there who have big egos and they think they are the cherry on top of the ice cream. Remember the movie, "Angels In The Outfield"? The "Voice of the Angels", Ranch Wilder, was an arrogant jerk. Thought he was #1, never let his partner talk during the broadcast...Ranch is a perfect example of a person with too much ego.

One of my former bosses said this a while back about people who think they are above you: "When people act like they are above me, I remember they were once young and pooped their pants. Works every time."