And The Kid Said....

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
danno

And The Kid Said....

Post by danno » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:30 pm

I was shopping for a father's Day Gift at walmart, i was looking for a Radio, a simple AM/FMRadio, after looking through the Electronics department, i didn't find a "Simple" radio, a few boomboxes and i mean a "Few", i asked the young clerk(who was probably 19-21) i was looking for "Just" a Radio... he said "We don't have very many Because, Nobody Listens to Radio" I didn't know how to react to that...

successfulhost

Re: And The Kid Said....

Post by successfulhost » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:28 pm

Meanwhile statistically there's a 90%+ chance she listened to terrestrial radio in the car on the way to work. These are proven numbers.

corneo

Post by corneo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:20 am

I had the same problem at wally world. Which tells me the current laws are so out of date. Stations have to carry EBS systems, but stores don't sell radios for people a home to listen to.

At my house I bought a Black and Decker radio to listen to from home depot. LOL

tstone

Post by tstone » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:59 am

I had a similar experience at a big chain electronics store when I was looking for radios for my post-Army apartment. I did find a decent combo set that has good sound, gets AM and FM and plays CDs as well as MP3s. Also, found clock radios. But getting JUST a radio? You have to search around a bit.

But JUST radios are the only thing I want to put in every room. I have a computer in my room along with a radio. I have a TV in my entertainment room. But in my miniatures room? My bathroom? JUST radio.

danno

Post by danno » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:42 pm

i Finally went on-line did some research and bought a Sangean digital tuning radio, it even has RDS, you will never find them in Stores, Best radio i've ever had, great for tuning in weak FM & AM signals, i'm starting to sound like a commercial, but Heck its a great radio...