Best ways to interact with your audience

Opinions, comments, critiques, and what you hear is going on – post it, share it!
ibizamitch

Best ways to interact with your audience

Post by ibizamitch » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Prizes and callers can't be the only things keeping our audiences around. What are some new ways that you've found to interact and most importantly keep your audience?

sweater

Re: Best ways to interact with your audience

Post by sweater » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:36 am

In my experience phones ARE a fantastic way to keep them captivated.
Not only does it let them know you are local, it lets them know they can be a star (even if for just a 20 second request or comment on whatever the topic is)
I certainly wouldn't discount letting someone doing the talking. Especially if it's a hot topic :)

Also, I would rank phones WAY above prizes. I've not once come across a phone pig.
jmho

Drakea83

Post by Drakea83 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:49 pm

I like to do videos of local things. Take them at events, listeners playing games, etc. It does what phones do, except they can view it over and over and let their friends and family see. It makes them a "star" and it doesn't hurt web numbers for the station either.

devildog98

Post by devildog98 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:37 am

being identifiable. it's the easiest thing in the world to just ask a question about your daily life that everybody else has going on in theirs. we often overlook little things because they're ticky tack to us, but those are things that everybody deals with every day. sometimes your frustration with an oil change place can turn into a great conversation about how listeners hate the way their stylist cuts their hair, or can't stand that their local fro yo place quit carrying a certain topping...