Smooth streaming

lynnbenson

Smooth streaming

Post by lynnbenson » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:42 pm

Well, Yes! I have been listening to smooth, or easy, music online. It's there and it feels good. Too many stations as usual are playing music that could be heard anywhere. There has to be a market for this. Well, Yes! The broadcasters playing it know this to be true. You don't have to be number one. What a wonderful thing it is to do what you want to do.

Lynn

joeturner

Re: Smooth streaming

Post by joeturner » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:49 am

I especially like smooth jazz dot com. It plays SJ without all of the pop stuff that most other SJ stations play. It's what SJ should be, and, thankfully, it isn't "dictated" by you know which consultancy. I've often said that, yes, the Temptations and Phil Collins and Hall & Oates would test well with a person like me, but it isn't what I expect when I tune in to a SJ station. I expect to order a pizza when I go to Pizza Hut, not chicken cordon bleu.

Sadly, these internet stations will not make the profits they deserve b/c corporate radio has been burned on the SJ format (thanks to the aforementioned consultancy), and since the format ratings tanked, they won't try it again.