MySpace For Sale!

Bring on your ideas about how to harness the power of the Internet.

Moderators: shawnski, pmsimon, patgillen, jeffy, jdenver

jdenver

MySpace For Sale!

Post by jdenver » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:50 am

MySpace had it all -- and let it go! What do you think MySpace did wrong a few years before Facebook got so popular?

And, if you could buy it, what would you do to fix? And what do you think it's worth?

tgamm

Re: MySpace For Sale!

Post by tgamm » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:37 pm

For one, they forgot the " adult audience " lurking out there looking for a place to settle in. As we know now, those who are over 55 use Facebook more than anyone else, world-wide. About buying MySpace, and fixing it, I'd install more security to keep it safer for everyone, especially teens new to the Internet. There would be more variety within it's entertainent value and music would be the main focus; a business only section could be easily established, one where a business would not be allowed to interact within the community unless the business was investigated as being valid in all respects and then approved; you protect the entire community from MLM and money scams when you do that. I use Facebook more than any other community to promote my radio show, and Adlandpro for business research.

About what Myspace may be worth, I'd venture a possible low eight figures. My listeners don't even consider them when it comes to communicating online, or finding new music, Indies and music news.

It will be at least a decade before anyone can surpass what Facebook has gifted the world.