Math Teacher/Former DJ's Top Ten Songs Of The Week Podcast

Bring on your ideas about how to harness the power of the Internet.

Moderators: shawnski, pmsimon, patgillen, jeffy, jdenver

djnatethegreat

Math Teacher/Former DJ's Top Ten Songs Of The Week Podcast

Post by djnatethegreat » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:59 am

Hello All,

My name is Nathan Swartz and I am a 26 year old high school math teacher from CT. I was a radio DJ at Keene State College under the name DJ Nate The Great for all four years of my undergrad. My show became very popular across town and everyone at the station referred to me as the "pro" because of my clear and well-timed segues & song intros. I've wanted to be a DJ since I was in middle school - I used to record pretend Kiss 95.7 (WKSS - Hartford) radio shows on my home computer with a microphone, .mp3 music and PCDJ software. I'm not at all embarrassed by that!

My dream is to have a part-time radio gig on the weekends/summer vacations. To keep my skill fresh and my passion alive, I decided to start making weekly .mp3 podcasts of my Top 10 Favorite Songs of the Week. I had some production made and use a podcasting kit with PCDJ Red software. The music is mostly Top 40 Mainstream/Rhythmic with a little country/alternative thrown in. I also plan on doing some spotlights, one on Eminem has already been done. I would be INCREDIBLY honored if you listened to them and even gave any feedback/advice that you have. So, if you are interested, they can be found at http://www.mediafire.com/djnatethegreat Please note that there is no editing except for sound compression. The entire show is recorded live on my computer all at once, not put together in bits and pieces.

Thank you so much for your time in reading this and again, I would be honored if you have any feedback about them.

All The Best,
Nathan Swartz

djnatethegreat

Re: Math Teacher/Former DJ's Top Ten Songs Of The Week Podca

Post by djnatethegreat » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Brand new Top Ten .mp3 podcast has just been uploaded on 3/20 for your listening pleasure.

Music this week includes Hot Chelle Rae, Keri Hilson, Bruno Mars, Adele, Dr. Dre & Eminem, plus many more. Hope you enjoy and be sure to let me know what you think.

Thank you all so much for all of your support and encouragement!