Song Tagging!

Bring on your ideas about how to harness the power of the Internet.

Moderators: shawnski, pmsimon, patgillen, jeffy, jdenver

musicninja

Song Tagging!

Post by musicninja » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Ok so we all know the deal with this. But why didn't this take off? Song tagging was supposed to allow you to tag a song you like and set it up for you to buy later. Why has this failed so miserably???

My guess is that there were one too many steps to be able to get your music. People are looking for something with ease and this design definitely has some flaws to say the least. Currently you have to connect your Ipod to the machine you tagged the song. Then upload your Ipod to your computer to preview and decide if you want to buy it.
For the small amount of people that have an HD radio I think that this is one too many steps to take to get a simple song.

kellybgood

Re: Song Tagging!

Post by kellybgood » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Really? Is it so much work to take one device and plug it into another for music that you want to hear later. Sorry but I'm definitely gonna disagree with you on this one. I think that Song Tagging is a pretty easy concept. Since HD hasn't taken off as much as people thought it hasn't really spiked. If it is at all possible it would be cool to see this hit terrestrial radio.

tuneguru84

Post by tuneguru84 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Ever seen the iPhone App, SHAZAM? Hold up to a radio, it is identified, and you can buy it. There's your tagging system through terrestrial radio. No HD needed.

Would be nice to see someone put out a radio that has a button on the box and the steering wheel that says "buy it" -- downloads to a central account. Pick it up on you iPhone/iPod or on a computer at home.

Radio -- repurposed, and invaluable. It's still the number one place for music discovery.

yourdigitalwiz

Post by yourdigitalwiz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:36 am

If not mistaken, once Shazam identifies a tune, you can have it take you to the iTunes store to buy it immediately.